Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoice References  (Read 4414 times)
jimmyd
Small Fry

Karmic Presence: 16

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2006, 07:05:37 AM »

I have a specific question and then an overall one.

I am trying to make a HTML Invoice Template and am having a problem with getting task notes. I went into one of the old textedit templates and found the tag <insert-notes>. I put that into my html invoice (changing the "<"s to actual code), and it looks great as long as I actually have a note attached. If I have a task without a note, when I open the invoice in Safari, I get <insert-notes> where it should just be blank. Any ideas or suggestions? The only work around is to put a space in the note part of the task, but I know that is not the correct way to fix this problem.

Also, is there a solid reference to all the different references we can use in our templates? The manual has some, but not all of them.

Thanks!
dashard
Small Fry

Karmic Presence: 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:35:57 AM »

I, for one, think it's pathetic that this post has been languishing here for more than a year with NO response. It's been read hundreds of times, but no response? Esp from the staff?

Bad. Consider this a bump for the same question, because hitching your wagon to TextEdit as the tool of choice for invoicing is just plain bad. Should be Word templates available, etc. I'm looking to html bcz at least I can use CSS to bully the page around to present itself the way I want it to.

But not all codes are showing up in the final output, and, yes, I am using entity's to encode the characters. Cannot, no way no how, get notes to show up in the HTML invoices.

Any help would truly be appreciated.  :help:
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

Karmic Presence: 190

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:20:15 AM »

As far as I know there was never a problem with inserting notes in an HTML invoice template. At any rate, there certainly aren't any problems with this any longer. Sorry for the trouble!

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
We Open Doors, Not Windows
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: