Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Invoicing: Listing items chronologically, not by category  (Read 2393 times)
goodcatch
Small Fry

Karmic Presence: 0

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:22:29 AM »

Is there any way when 'creating an invoice' (with whatever template), that the preference can be set so that it lists the work in chronological order, and not by category, which appears to be the default and fixed setting?
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

Karmic Presence: 190

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »

The items should appear in the order that they are listed in the Project Window. So, if you want them to be listed in a specific order, you can either a) sort the tasks by clicking the date column to make them appear chronologically, or press any other column header to sort by that column, or b) drag-and-drop reorder the tasks into the order you'd like them shown.

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
We Open Doors, Not Windows
goodcatch
Small Fry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:45:37 PM »

Yes, that's right, I can change the order (Description, time category or date) in the Project Window.  But when I click on "Create Invoice" which launches the Text Edit file, no matter how I've configured the Project Window, the Text edit file still sorts and appears by Category.  I can get the category in chronological order, but if I want to show a client an actual progressive invoice of work done to date, irrespective of category, but just by date only, this doesn't seem to be achievable.

My version of TimeNet is 3.9.9  Maybe this is the problem?
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 12:07:34 AM »

Yes, this was a known issue before one of the 3.9.15 or .16 updates. Is there any reason why you haven't upgraded to the latest version, 3.9.21?

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
goodcatch
Small Fry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »

Yes, that's fixed that issue.  Great!  Thanks.  But having downloaded 3.9.21, I've noticed that there's a problem with the tax rate calculation. It appears to be random, which makes it harder to work out what the actual problem is. At first, I thought the problem might be initiated by reaching a certain dollar figure, but I have attached a couple of screenshots which prove that's not the case. But it seems to be a calculation issue.
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »

Hmm, well that is certainly strange! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll be fixing this for the 3.9.22 update coming out in the next week or so.

If you'd like, it would be really helpful to me if you could send me your Data folder, so I can see what your tax settings are and how they are applied to your Projects.

Please look at this topic for more info: http://www.applesource.biz/supportboard-new/index.php?topic=15.0

Thanks!

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: