Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: File Notes  (Read 3152 times)
lrizos
Small Fry

Karmic Presence: 0

View Profile Email
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:16:17 PM »

Hi

I am currently using IBIZ and have stumbled across TimeNet Law which appears to be a great program.

I have downloaded a demo version and have been playing around with it.

I would like to change over but need to know if the following is possible.

1. When you open a slip that you can make notes as it is timing
2. When you stop the timer that the time automatically rounds up
3. Being able to print out the notes on the slip to keep as a hard copy as a file note showing the timekeeper the description the time and date with the notes made.

Thank you in anticipation

Leon
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

Karmic Presence: 190

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 06:09:29 AM »

Hi Leon,

1. We've had a request to start the timer on a slip as soon as it is created, so it begins timing while the description and notes are being timed out. This feature will make it into the 2.0.1 update coming out in the next 1-2 weeks.

2. To round up you can currently use the command+R shortcut or the Round Slip Time option in the Matter menu. We could add an option in Preferences to perform this action automatically every time a slip is paused (we cannot make this a default unchangeable behavior because many people would not want their time rounded every time a Slip is paused, but only when the Slip is actually finished).

3. We could make an option to print the selected slip with details and notes. This too will be in the 2.0.1 update.

In addition to your three requests, some other great changes are coming to TimeNet Law 2.0.1 that will make invoice generation and organization much much simpler. Applying payments and keeping track of taxes and late fees will be more intuitive, and several powerful reports that weren't possible with the previous invoicing system will be available.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
We Open Doors, Not Windows
lrizos
Small Fry

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 05:09:42 PM »

Hi Perry,

The changes sound great. I will wait and download 2.01 when it is released and test it before I change over.

I do like the interface and the way the software works. These changes of printing out the slips as file notes and the rounding up option will be great.

Thank you again

Leon
lrizos
Small Fry

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:12:13 PM »

HI Perry

I have checked out the new version which is great.

One other question.

If the slip is in the incorrect matter it appears I cannot cut and paste it into the correct matter.

Also I do not seem to be able to select different invoices to print out. I see there are option in the TimeNet law folder but I cannot seem to find how to switch between them.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

Copying/Cutting/Pasting slip items is on our to-do list, just haven't quite gotten around to it yet. As for the invoice question, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean the invoice template? TimeNet Law only has one invoice template, but it can be editing in the Preferences window.

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »

I just implemented a very nice copy/cut/paste feature for slips so this will be working in tomorrow's update. Thanks for the feedback on that, it was a little motivational push.  Smiley

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
lrizos
Small Fry

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »

Hi Perry

About the invoices.

Is it possible that you can select what template you want to use via a drop down menu and then the Invoice could be prepared.

Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »

TimeNet Law only has one invoice template. More will be added eventually.

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
lrizos
Small Fry

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 06:46:53 AM »

Hi Perry

All good Perry thanks for the changes

I was also wondering if the physical time that the slip was created could be added to each slip. Makes it easier to track when things were done. Also can the Timekeeper and Description be reversed in the Slip? So that the Timekeeper appears first. Is it possible to amend the invoice myself?

Thank you

Leon
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:52:28 AM by lrizos » Logged
Perry
AppleSource CEO
Administrator
Forum Guru

AppleSource CEO

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »

I can swap the description and timekeeper fields quickly. That should be in the next update. Time stamp isn't too hard either but won't be quite such a quick change. It's on my list. Thanks for the suggestions.

Perry Fjellman
AppleSource Software
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: